A number of committees have been established to function as independent units within the Association to perform a range of activities. These committees are:
Registered members are encouraged to join these committees and to support their objectives, events and activities.
The committee is primarily responsible for maintaining the register of the Association’s membership, and developing and implementing strategies for recruiting new members.
The Planning committee develops the long-range strategic plans to guide the future direction of the Association.
The Entertainment committee has the role of fostering a spirit of camaraderie and patriotism among St. Lucian’s residing in the Ottawa region by organizing special entertainment, and cultural events during the year.
The function of the Youth Committee is to:
- Organize special entertainment, sports, and cultural activities for children of St. Lucian parentage residing in the Ottawa region.
- Develop special educational programs, tours, camps or other group activities as directed by the Executive.
- Identify remedial programs or other educational resources for St. Lucian Students residing in the Ottawa region, who may be in need of such assistance.
- Act as goodwill ambassadors for St. Lucian students arriving for school in the region.
- Present a report on the activities of the Committee at each Executive or General Meeting. Our Vision and Mission Though a small community, we endeavour to make our presence felt within our Ottawa and St Lucia community, and beyond. With a focus on youth and education, we strive to nourish and preserve our heritage and culture for future generations. As a group, we organize special entertainment, sports, and cultural activities for children of St. Lucian parentage residing in the Ottawa region. We develop special educational programs, tours, camps and other group activities and act as goodwill ambassadors for St. Lucian students arriving for school in the region.
The Hospitality committee performs a number of functions including to act as goodwill ambassadors with respect to members and their relatives who are either hospitalized, shut in, incarcerated, handicapped, or bereaved through personal visits, post cards, or flowers.
The function of this committee is to communicate with the various Government organizations and St. Lucian overseas associations on all aspects of this event, including planning, organizing, and coordinating the Associations full participation in all phases of the event.